Today was filled with a lot of experiments and so far successful results. I had created bead mosaics with the petri dishes and resin that I ordered. The petri dishes were smaller than I thought, I accidentally ordered 60mm as opposed to 90mm, so they were tiny, but I think the worked out perfectly.
I'm not sure how the paint mixed with the resin is going to work out. I think it's going to have to be a layered process. So I decided to use all ten petri dishes that I had just for the seed beads and my next order I will experiment with paint. I ordered 20 90mm petri dishes (that will be for paint) and 10 more of the smaller 60mm ones for more bead mosaics. These were a lot of fun to make. I'm going to bring them back up with me tomorrow so during this week I can take professional photos of each of them.
I had thrown in some beads, sea shells, and acrylic paint to see how the color would come out. So I have to let this dry for a few days as well and hopefully the glue will come out clear.
Very happy with how today's experiments came out and I feel this is a great start to get me motivated to continue brainstorming more ideas for future creations.